Contributed by Joe V
Confidence and self-esteem give us the self-assurance when we need to step up as a leader, to take the emotional risk necessary to make significant achievements in our personal and professional lives. Having a balance between self-confidence and self-esteem is the key to exceptional performance. It is important for us to recognize our weaknesses in these areas and continue to work on improvement of each; both at work and at home.
In each of our days there are plenty of opportunities for improvement around these topics. Think of a time when you questioned what steps you were going to complete; what did you do? Did you take the plunge and go for it? Did you pass the “baton” to another person to be the leader?
The following are 7 tips to look at to help
improve your confidence and self-esteem:
· Take a blank sheet of paper out and make a list of a 50 things you can do.
· Make a list of a 50 things you that you are grateful for.
· Keep a list of things that you want to do in the next 5, 10 and 15 years.
· Do one thing every day, even if it is a small step, to move toward your goals.
· Take more risks.
· When you make a mistake, learn from it.
· Find something you can learn from each person with whom you work and/or live around.
Each tip is important in its own right and each tip provides you another viewpoint into your life. It’s imperative for us as a human being to constantly be growing. While these tips can provide an outline to help improve your characteristics; it’s ultimately up to you to make the changes necessary to be a stronger leader/person. To be better committed to growth; complete the statements below:
|Commitment||By When||Desired Result|