Plant Accountant – Manager
Dubuque, IA – On Site
We are seeking a Plant Accounting Manager for a local Dubuque, IA manufacturing company. As the Accounting Manager you will play a crucial role in ensuring the financial integrity of the operations in Dubuque. You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of plant accounting, financial reporting, and compliance. This role requires a strategic thinker with strong leadership skills and a deep understanding of cost accounting principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day financial operations of the plant.
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Work closely with plant management to develop quarterly and annual budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor capital spending program. Ensure compliance to corporate policies including approvals and spending as well as conversion of individual assets into fixed asset sub-ledger systems.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting including but not limited to monthly reports, inventory sub-ledgers, inventory SOX controls, inventory movements and reports.
- Communicate financial results to senior management and provide analysis to support decision-making.
- Establish and maintain robust internal controls to safeguard company assets.
- Monitor and maintain the cost information at the plant and cost center level. Ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
What we’d like you to bring to the role:
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in accounting/ financial management required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related discipline required.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles, such as GAAP and internal control / SOX
- Ability to develop systems and methods of operation in order to ensure proper financial reporting.
Interested in learning more? Great! I’d welcome the opportunity to discuss your skill set and the opportunity in greater detail. Please share a copy of your professional resume to: Amanda@careerpros.com | 563.663.9119