Line Cooks needed-Waterloo Iowa
$15.00 hrly, Wed-Mon 3pm-11pm
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting with stocking and setting up the kitchen stations
- Preparing food including cleaning and cutting the ingredients and cooking main dishes, desserts, appetizers, and snacks
- Plating prepared foods based on senior chef’s guidance.
- Working with servers to ensure that orders are completed according to request and on time
- Washing and cleaning the kitchen and cooking utensils and storing the equipment at the end of shifts
- Ensuring that the kitchen operation procedures and hygiene meet food safety standards and regulations
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks
- Must be able to withstand extreme temperatures
- Must be able to work safely in a busy kitchen environment
- Must be able to stand, lift, bend and twist as required
- Must be able to work in a busy kitchen environment and on a kitchen line setting
- Must be able to work on the kitchen line, cooking in front of and interacting with guests
- One year kitchen experience preferred
- Must have a good understanding of all kitchen equipment.
- Must have a good understanding of food safety (FIFO and labeling and product rotation)
- Must have a basic understanding of ordering, inventory, and cost control.
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer