QUALITY ENGINEER- GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS
LOCATION: NE IOWA
SALARY: $70K AND UP, DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
DIRECT HIRE: FULL BENEFIT PACKAGE AND BONUS POTENTIAL
Responsibilities, Qualifications or Skills Required:
1. Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements
with other members of management and with production operators, technicians and
2. Establishes raw material standards by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements;
conferring with purchasing on suppliers; devising testing methods and procedures.
3. Review and approve manufacturing work instructions and procurement requisitions to ensure
that all requirements are accounted for and thoroughly/clearly defined for manufacturing and
4. Establishes in-process, re-work and finished product inspections standards by studying
manufacturing methods; devising testing methods and procedures.
5. Establishes product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance
6. Maintains product quality by enforcing quality policies and procedures and government
requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and
engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
7. Perform internal quality audits of assigned program technical requirements to ensure proper
interpretation and implementation.
8. Prepares and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information
9. Initiates continuous improvement projects by identifying problems; analyzing data and
process capability; cost-reduction initiatives; evaluating outcomes.
10. Write technical documents such as assembly instructions, test procedures, interface
requirements, and test and analysis reports.
11. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops;
reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in
12. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and
regulations. Wears proper personal protective equipment.
13. Identifies and anticipates safety and health concerns and hazards by surveying
environmental, operational, and occupational conditions.
14. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Six Sigma – Green Belt (preferred)
Certified Quality Engineer (preferred)
1. Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
2. Three years quality/continuous improvement experience in manufacturing.
3. One year experience in working on government projects with direct responsibility for
Essential Skills and Experience:
1. Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan.
2. The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
3. Problem analysis and problem resolution at an organizational level.
4. Strong customer orientation.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Commitment to company values.
7. Computer proficiency.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer