MANUFACTURING MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
DIRECT HIRE: 2ND SHIFT
LOCATION: DUBUUQE, IA
- Use necessary hand and power tools to take appropriate action to replace components, make adjustments and calibrate machinery, to resolve issues and restore equipment to operating condition quickly and efficiently.
- Understand and participate in TPM initiatives, also assist in the deployment of TPM objectives
- Understand and perform preventive maintenance on all machinery, in a timely fashion, and document finished work. - Evaluate equipment for any repairs, enhancements, or upgrades and complete work as needed.
- Perform and understand plumbing, and basic carpentry.
- Perform welding and painting tasks.
- Assure that all equipment is guarded.
- Follow all lockout tagout procedures.
- Work in a safe manner and follow all safety polices.
- Participate in and sustain 5S activities.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and spare parts.
- Working with departments on (CIP) Continuous Improvement projects. - Assist with hazardous waste management.
- Perform furniture and equipment moves when needed.
- Work with engineering on new plant layouts/ moving of equipment, and additions of equipment. - Work with external contractors as needed, in both production and other related areas of the plant. - Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Graduate/GED/HSED
- 2 years’ experience in a related field
- Broad general maintenance skills: carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, machine piping, HVAC and dust collection. - Ability to troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic problems.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, fluid power, building, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and prints.
- Ability to properly use testing equipment including (electrical, mechanical and fluid power). - Knowledge and use of hand, power, shop tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of safety practices such as lockout/tagout and proper use of PPE.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy. - Possess excellent analytical skills, data interpretation.
- Ability to be a licensed lift equipment operator
- Oral communication skills
- Basic team skills
- Basic organizational skills
- Physical ability to perform job duties
- Demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision - Understanding of related safety policies and procedures
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer